Pine, exim, and authentication

Cheryl Homiak chomiak7737 at att.net
Thu Oct 18 07:40:56 EDT 2007

When I sent my OE settings, I forgot to mention that the smtp port is 465.
The port for incoming mail is 995. I mention the incoming port because the
pop and smtp settings are the same except for the port number, and I have no
problem getting my mail with getmail. As for outgoing mail, I am still
getting "530: authentication required" even after adding the line to the
macros file, which btw needs to be in all caps. I did remember to update and
invoke. Somehow, smtp authentication seems to be the problem but I'm
wondering how to make sure this is working on port 465.

thanks.

--

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,