debian packages

Rob kyrath at cox.net
Sat Oct 6 08:17:06 EDT 2007

Hi all,

recently installed debian stable.  I've been considering installing ubuntu as well.
Would it make more sense to just install debian's gnome package instead of a dual distro situation?
If so, are there any compatibility issues with installing lenny's gnome package onto an etch system?  I know lenny is testing, but what I don't know is whether the difference between stable and testing system design/packages are significant enough to make them incompatible.

Also, if anyone can give me an example of useful sources added to the source.list file, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

-- Rob