Fedora, Speakup & Dectalk Express

Liz Hare doggene at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 1 21:29:03 EDT 2007

Hello,

I recently installed Fedora 7 and ended up needing to get help because my Dectalk Express wouldn't speak.

I know it works fine in the only serial port on the machine when I use it in Windows.

Oddly, Fedora doesn't hang, but starts all the way up.  The /proc/speakup directory is there.

I have specified speakup_ser = 1 in grub.conf.

/dev/ttyS0 is there.

I've been looking around online, trying to figure out how to get this working, but I don't have any more ideas to try.  Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Thanks,
Liz