Editors?

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Wed Feb 28 07:58:44 EST 2007

I find nano works well with speakup, but you will want to make sure that
cursor tracking is in the right mode, I think on is rightt. Nano is
basic, and if you want something basic (almost similar to functionality
in notepad to give a windows comparison) then nano is good. I like nano
as all commands are shown at the bottom of the screen should you forget
one, whereas emacs and such like you need to be familiar with the
commands to use them. I know someone suggested ed and edbrowse, well
this is quite something, possibilities are great with it, and if you
have done some programming (script languages such as perl) then it is
easy to get going with, but may be more challenging for someone used to
graphical interfaces such as windows editors, as it really takes command
line to the extreme in my mind, and a 2D text editor may be more
intuitive to the windows user.

From
Michael Whapples