winamp

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Tue Feb 27 12:24:21 EST 2007

You're probably thinking of Mplayer (http://www.mplayerhq.hu).  While
it doesn't have *exactly* the same commands as winamp, but it does
have keyboard commands for all functions (or at least all the ones
I've need), and you can modify the key mappings.  It also supports
quite a few audio and video formats especially if you install the
iwn32codecs package.
On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 10:49:44AM +0000, Chris
Norman wrote:
> Hi people,
> I remember hearing something on this list about a piece of software for
> linux that worked like winamp (presumably with the same key commands and
> stuff), and am trying to find it.
>
> Any ideas what it is? I've just tried xine but couldn't get it to work,
> I've also tried beep-media-player, but couldn't figure out some of that.
>
> Any ideas appreciated.
>
> Cheers,

On a normal ascii line, the only safe condition to detect is a 'BREAK'
- everything else having been assigned functions by Gnu EMACS.
	-- Tarl Neustaedter