Editors?

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Tue Feb 27 09:09:07 EST 2007

I started out using emacs, but mostly use vim (vi improved) these days.  I sometimes sxcrew myself up by forgetting whether I'm in its command mode or its edit mode, and I don't like that it tends not to tell me what character I'm backspacing over.  I had little trouble changing certain defaults (line length and the tab setting), and I like some of its commands for moving through documents.

I've never used nano, so can't compare it with the others.

Let me know if you think I can help more.  I'm sure no expert, but I'm more or less trucking along.

Al