An official slightly off topic anouncement

Ned Granic ngranic at cox.net
Fri Feb 23 22:20:18 EST 2007

Hey guys,

You talk about graphical user interface (GUI) in Linux being that
accessible?
To be honest with you, I have never succeeded in setting up such a Linux GUI
box.
I was not even able to compile the kernel under speakup and makemenu.
Definitely I am impressed with speakup and Debian in console, but w/o being
able to build a workable GUI system up, I am still using windows for things
like internet browsing, email, entertainment, scanning of books, and office
apps.
Now, you experienced wolves of the Linux universe, enlighten me with
instructions where to go and get what I need to replace the "windblows"
altogether with a Debian, Suse, Ubuntu... you name it

Many thanks in advance!

                    Ned