Espeak, gnome-speech and alsa

Tomas Cerha cerha at brailcom.org
Mon Feb 19 13:13:27 EST 2007

Michael Whapples wrote:
> Some time ago, I did try the speech-dispatcher back-end for orca, but didn't
> continue to use it as I remember that there were some issues with it knowing
> when the speech had finished and sometimes missing parts of speech.

Any more details on this would be greatly appreciated.  Part of it might
have already been solved, since the backend now supports speech progress
notifications.  Anyway, I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  Could
you please give an example for each problem?  Thank you very much for
your answer.

> Also whenever I do an update I would need to re-apply the back-end

This will change soon, since the Speech Dispatcher backend will be
included in Orca (in a few weeks).

Best regards, Tomas.