Espeak, gnome-speech and alsa

Tomas Cerha cerha at brailcom.org
Mon Feb 19 06:37:36 EST 2007

Michael Whapples napsal(a):
> Note this can be done on my system with speech-dispatcher so the
> sound card can do it, but I find sometimes speech-dispatcher dies
> occasionally, and removing as many stages as possible seems to me
> to be much more preferable (just my oppinion).

I know it doesn't answer your question, but your feedback might help to
fix the problem with Speech Dispatcher.  Were you using Orca with Speech
Dispatcher backend, or a Speech Dispatcher Gnome Speech driver?

Note that Speech Dispatcher backend allows Orca to communicate directly
with Speech Dispatcher.  See http://live.gnome.org/Orca/SpeechDispatcher

Did you try using Speech Dispatcher with anything else than espeak?

Best regards, Tomas