debian speakup disk please

Adam Myrow myrowa at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 17 11:37:17 EST 2007

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, Jude DaShiell wrote:

> why not download ncftp for windows from ncftp.com and use that to do the
> debian speakup disk download?  internet exploder can't download anything
> over 2gb anyway so when it found the iso out there you were trying to
> download was something over 150gb it silently refused to do a download and
> acted as though nothing was on the site.

Huh?  This is the second person I've heard claim that IE can't download
files over 2GB, but I have successfully done it.  Maybe it's an older
version that can't?  I used IE 7 and it didn't have any trouble.  Still,
ncftp can do downloads in the background, so it may still be handy.  also,
how could an ISO be 150GB?  A DVD can only hold somewhere around 4GB.