Announcing New Packages at the Speakup Modified

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Feb 13 21:58:07 EST 2007

We've expanded the packages provided at the Speakup Modified in order to
serve your assistive technology Fedora Linux needs better than ever.  As
before, you can still use yum to install and upgrade  orca, lsr,
gnome-speech, the emerging accessible Firefox 3, and of course to get
the latest and greatest Speakup enabled Fedora kernels. Our current rpms
of these packages are as follows:

firefox-3.0a3pre-2007021021_trunk
gnome-speech-0.4.9
kernel-2.6.19
lsr-0.4.0
orca-2.17.91

And now, because Red Hat has not been upgrading and publishing them for Fedora
Core 6, we're making available the following packages as well:

atk-1.17.0
gail-1.17.0
at-spi-1.17.0

We're also pleased to provide the fully accessible Asterisk (and Zaptel) Vo/IP
telephony packages!

To add the SpeakupModified to your yum repositories do the following as root:

rpm -iv http://speakupmodified.org/speakupmodified-release.rpm

You will need do this only once. Thereafter, the Speakup Modified package
repository will be one of the repositories yum checks when you install and
upgrade your Fedora 6 packages.

To install orca and lsr you would do:

yum install orca lsr

And, to get the latest Firefox you would do a more elaborate
yum command--because Firefox is still alpha software. Issue the following
all on one command line:

yum --disablerepo='*' --enablerepo=speakupmodified-development upgrade firefox*

Enjoy!

--

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.202.595.7777

Marketing the Owasys 22C talking screenless cell phone in the U.S. and Canada--Go to http://ScreenlessPhone.Com to learn more.