punctuation symbols

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Mon Feb 12 06:09:11 EST 2007

Hello,
I have noticed that while I am using lynx with speakup, and I get a
price in UK pounds with a pound symbol speakup isn't reading all the
numbers. I have only noticed this in lynx, although there seems to be
issues which are slightly different in elinks related to the pound sign.
My difficulty in elinks is that the symbol it is using for the pound
sign speakup is reading as "u acute", which makes me think that possibly
I need a different console charmap. What is the right charmap to use?
Could this be causing the problem in lynx, if not what could be?

Thanks
Michael Whapples