need help getting fedora 6 to boot with speech

Marcel Oats moats at orcon.net.nz
Thu Feb 8 19:05:41 EST 2007

Hi people, it might be worth reinforcing your comments about having
to specify the serial port.  I have a Dectalk multivoice (dectalk
external) and although speech starts when the dvd is booted with the
correct syntax, I had to go into grub.conf and manually add the
serial port on the command line, so as the system will start speaking
from the installation.

Marcel