Zssh Anyone?

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Mon Dec 10 22:08:07 EST 2007

Sounds as if the wrapper has not been updated to take advantage of devfs and
how devfs names pseudo terminals.
Your ssh is probably using the right naming but zssh is not.
Why would you want to do zmodem transfers over an ssh connection? Wouldn't
scp/sftp be more efficient?
TCP is allready end-to-end reliable; you shouldn't need to encapsulate data
in zmodem packets unnecessarily?

you can turn off the escape character for ssh with -e none (check the
manpage) then ssh becomes 8-bit-clean and should work with
zmodem/kermit/whatever.

Regards, Kerry.