slackware can't install

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Aug 24 06:59:46 EDT 2007

I'm a bit late to this thread but changing speakup.i to speakup.s
followed by the rest of your command should do it.  By one of your
other messages, it sounds like you got past that point.  I use
Slackware 12.0 and it works great.

I need to look over those speakup install docs and see if I can bring
them up to date.  I haven't relied on them for a long time but I
didn't think they were all that far off.  But if the starting command
is wrong, well...  That's another matter.

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 06:05:14AM -0400, dan Murphy wrote:
> If you are using a doubletalk internal, try this.
> speakup.s speakup_synth=dtlk
> If it's a litetalk external I think it would be speakup.s
> speakup_synth=ltlk.
> Remember the equal sign "=" and also that speakup_synth has an
> underscore _ in it.
> HTH.
> On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, cody
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all.
> >
> >  I'm not having too much luck with this braillenote or this double talk. I read the speakup installation guide and did exactly to the word what it said. so I stuck the slackware cd inand booted and when it stopped I typed
> >
> > speakup.i speakup_synth=ltlk
> >
> > and pressed enter and got no speech. I downloaded and burned the slackware 10.0 d1 iso image and burned it, is it that 10.0 doesn't have speakup included or does that have the 2.6.22 kernel which is broeken with speakup? People give me a clue here google has beenn nothing but a pain for research and can't find any answers. What I need is a list of distros that have brltty and speakup support and a list of boot commands. It's driving me absolutely crazy not being able to get anythigng to work and everyone else is working fine.
> >
> > Cody

HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://holmesgrown.ld.net/