Speakup & Ubuntu & PDAs

Keith Watson Kwatson at smed.yi.org
Sat Aug 18 07:37:26 EDT 2007

Glenn,

Their menuing system may not be open source, but they provide all
the access you want to hook to it. Also it has a console mode
that is standard linux and you can do whatever your heart desires
there. I have installed linphone there and am looking at
installing a couple of other apps on the device, which Levelstar
and APH may not support, but which I can do because they have not
closed the system to me. Quite the contrary, it's mine and I can
do whatever if feel appropriate to it. So to answer your
statement, yes you can install whatever your heart desires on it
and have all the fun that I am having.

Keith

On 08:45 PM, Glenn Ervin wrote:
> yes, but it is not open-source, in that we cannot use the software on our
> own PDAs.
> That is what I am looking for.
> Glenn

Among the major impediments to discovery are not the ignorant
but those with illusions of knowledge. - B. Alan Wallace