Speakup & Ubuntu & PDAs

MICHAEL MCDONALD MMCDONALD at aph.org
Fri Aug 17 09:53:12 EDT 2007

We are using software speech, so we aren't using the serial ports.  If you want to use hardware speech on the ARM, you would need to create a patch for that.  Early on, we had a prototype with a different processor and had it connected to a double talk chip and added the appropriate port configuration to speakup.  I didn't make the patch though, so I don't know exactly what was done.

Mike

>>> doug at proficio.ca 08/17/07 09:47AM >>>
I will try this on ARM920T (EP9302) shortly.
I will also try this on AVR32 (AT32AP7000)!

But this patch assumes you are not using any serial
ports, right? If serial port access to external synth
was need on ARM (or any non x86) then surely
other patches would be required.

  -- Doug

\