considering gentoo over debian

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Fri Aug 3 17:47:01 EDT 2007

Hi, I am currently using debian etch\ but as not all of the packages I
want are included in debian by default like autoconf, automake and
similar packages I need to install them using apt-get.  gcc is another
example as it is listed as the build-essential package if you really
want to compile things.  What is the latest version of the gentoo
installation CD that does not require X windows and has speakup and
should work with a dectalk express?  I would like to at least try it
and see what it is like.

--
My web page is http://www.nickgawronski.com