Ttsynth with Speech-dispatcher

Tomas Cerha cerha at brailcom.org
Wed Aug 1 04:11:47 EDT 2007

Tom Moore wrote:
> I have the Ttsynth package installed on the machine and tried setting the
> output module of Speech-dispatcher to ibmtts.
> When I restarted Speech-dispatcher I didn't get any speech.

Hi Tom, if you have SD installed from a package, it most likely doesn't
include the ibmtts module (due to licensing issues).  You will need to
compile Speech Dispatcher from source.  You need to have TTSynth SDK
installed.  See the INSTALL file included with the Speech Dispatcher
package for more information.

Best regards, Tomas