Ttsynth with Speech-dispatcher

Tom Moore tom at tomstroubleshooting.com
Wed Aug 1 03:20:37 EDT 2007

Hi guys,
Has anyone been able to get Ttsynth to work with Speech-dispatcher under
Debian or Ubuntu?
I have the Ttsynth package installed on the machine and tried setting the
output module of Speech-dispatcher to ibmtts.
When I restarted Speech-dispatcher I didn't get any speech.
Also tried a simple test by telnetting to port 6560 on the localhost and
trying to get Speech-dispatcher to output things using the speak command but
this didn't really work either.
Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Tom