Outside IP address

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Feb 27 18:11:41 EST 2006

I'm talking in general terms here but I would start with that little
alias Chuck Hollenback gave to the list recently and stick it in the
main system startup script.  On my Slackware distro, that would be
/etc/rc.d/rc.local.  after sticking the commands in there, add an
additional command to "mail" the output of that script to the e-mail
address of your choice.  In fact, the echo command Chuck had in there
could be substituted  with the mail command.  I would think that should
work.