Linux on BrailleNotes

Glenn at home GlennErvin at cableone.net
Wed Feb 1 19:58:20 EST 2006

I don't know how hard it would be to get Linux on a notetaker, but it sure
does not matter what O S it is using now.
Whatever the O S is, it will have to be wiped out to make room for the new O
S.
I think it would take a dedicated team to get it going.
You might need to know the detailed information on the chip sets inside, and
some data might need decoding.
It is beyond my ability, but this is the same concept that the open source
RockBox uses to port into the devices that are running a different firmware.
I think that if there is a way to upgrade the Braille Note, there is a way
to over-write it's O S.  But it might take some cooperation from HumanWare.
Glenn