fc3 disc check fails

John McCann lists at jamsite.us
Sun Feb 27 16:59:08 EST 2005

Hi Janina:

I wrote my immediate previous list message before reading all the email that
had come in during the last sixteen hours.

Immediately upon reading your earlier entreaty respecting MD5sum, I did
exactly that on the first 02/19/2005 iso file that's currently on my FTP
site. Yep, its messed up! Don't quite understand all the gobbldy-goop which

md5sum -c /var/ftp/pub/linux/FC3-i386-disc1.iso

returned, but I understood enough to know that the disk is, as I said,
messed up; hence, doubtless unusable.

At this point, I'm downloading the 02/22/2005 set, and will check each disk
as the download completes.

Just say a prayer that, at the speed at which I'm acquiring these, they
don't upgrade the disk images before I get a full set. That is, in fact,
what happened last time. I was downloading the 02/15/2005 set; woke up
saturday morning, february 19th, only to find that the download of disk two
had frozen. After doing a little investigative work, I of course discovered
that they had upgraded to the 02/19/2005 set, forcing me to redownload the
whole set again.

John