instalation problem-- was Re: fc3 download

John McCann lists at jamsite.us
Sat Feb 26 20:15:47 EST 2005

Hi Al:

Well, your post below has revealed one thing to me; i.e., that it is the
"receiving" computer which furnishes the time and date stamps. My time and
date stamps vary more significantly than yours do because the entire
exercise of retrieving the 02/19/2005 images was necessarily spread out over
forty plus hours, given the 10K-12K download speed I was dealing with.
However, this I can tell you; the images I downloaded were all date-stamped
02/19/2005, with times between 4:15 a.m. and 4:22 a.m.; hence, they are all
from the same set.

If you want to go through the exercise of downloading them all again from my
site, you're certainly welcome, though that exercise will take you 10-12
hours, and will also, like as not, necessitate your interrupting sleep to
start successive iso image downloads. However, if you begun now, you'd be
able to install tomorrow. Oh, wait, I just now remember what Sena has
written, so, if you're not that windows averse (and have access to a windows
box), you can do a check sum to see what's going on.

If you do download all the disks again from my site and experience the same
problem, please let me know as this would mean that I don't have a
legitimate or functioning set; something I need to know if in fact that is
the case.

As I'm leaving for an overnight social engagement, don't expect any further
emails from me for the next sixteen hours or so.

John