Software synthesisers

mikster4 at msn.com mikster4 at msn.com
Sun Feb 20 16:42:29 EST 2005

Hello,
Some people have been saying about software synthesisers on a bootable CD,
well it is possible, as oralux (www.oralux.org) shows. This does not use
speakup, but it uses YASR and Emacspeak. I don't think there is much space
left on the CDs for other apps, so probably will never find its way into the
usual distributions, but it may be possible to do it with disks that do
installation from the internet, e.g. gentoo.

While on the topic of software synthesisers. I am using speakup with
speechd_up, and find that the speech seems to become broken up at times. I
don't remember it happening when I used slackware, but since I have moved to
using gentoo the problem seems to have arisen. I don't know what is actually
causing the problem, but it is happening somewhere between speakup outputing
and speech dispatcher recieving. This makes me believe it could be
speechd_up. Also I am using a kernel I have customised, so it might be
something in there. Any suggestions would be useful.

From
Mike