pine

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Feb 17 11:56:21 EST 2005

Others may disagree, but I cannot countenance any ISP blocking ports on
my account. I would regard this as a kind of denail of service and take
my money to an isp that didn't engage in such parental practices.

So, I will sing the praises of my isp, Speakeasy:
http://www.speakeasy.net. No blocking, outbound or in. National service,
dialup and DSL. Never a problem, in the years I've been a customer.

As a matter of fact, I usually forget I even have an isp, until I see
the charges in my monthly statement. That's my yardstick for judging an
isp.

Speakeasy doesn't care if you run a server--in fact they encourage you
to do it. Want to resell your broadband to your neighbors over wireless?
They encourage that too.

So, with posts such as we've had the last few days, I have to ask: Is
your isp cheating you?