pine and sendmail problems

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Wed Feb 16 15:07:18 EST 2005

Having your own domain name is not incompatible with having a dynamic IP
address. I have both. I use www.dyndns.org to manage the mx records that
connect my own domain name to my dynamic IP address. The way it works is
that if you do a name lookup on hhs48.com you find my dynamic IP
address, but if you do a reverse lookup on the IP address, you get my
ISP information. It's a kind of hybrid.  But it allows me to advertise
my domain name for email purposes and for my web site, but it still
appears to recipients of my email as a dynamic IP address. For that
reason I continue to pass of my outgoing mail to my ISP instead of
sending it direct, although my incoming mail comes to me direct instead
of through my ISP.

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Gregory Nowak wrote:

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)
"Things are in the saddle, and they ride mankind." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Personal site www.hhs48.com, Software site www.mhcable.com/~chuckh