pine

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Wed Feb 16 10:51:57 EST 2005

There's certainly nothing that says you have to send mail through your isp smtp
server.  You can but don't have to do it this way.  Use an mta only if an mta is
necessary.  Be careful about what you allow to access your mta esp. if it sends
mail from your system directly to the internet.  I've never heard of a system
where you have to get your mail before you can send mail.