Red Hat Enterprise 4 Released

Beth Hatch bhatch200 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 15 21:57:08 EST 2005

Hi all,

Just a short note to let you all know that today I received an email from my
Red Hat subscription manager that Enterprise Linux Release 4 is out as of
today.  I read the small blurb in the installation PDF guide, it links to
the same old information in the previous Enterprise version, version 3, that
I was attempting to install a few weeks ago.  It refers me to release notes
in my usr/share directory, but since I don't have this installed right now
for Enterprise 4, I don't know if there are any improvements or better
access for us.  However, what I can tell you is that they now use the 2.6
kernel, and they are using the SElinux now as they are for Fedora Core 3.

    Just a short note for anyone who might be interested, I am leaving this
version alone until I play with Fedora a lot more.<smile>

Beth