what kind of file system is Linux using?

Ned ngranic at cox.net
Fri Feb 11 13:19:10 EST 2005

Hi all,

thank you for the answers on the putty question which was actually a windows question, but I mnew that some of you have delt with it, so ... it worked.
Now I got deck talk express with a serial cable, and need to make a partition for Linux on my HD. What file system to use? fat32 or ntfs?
How large should the partition be (ment only for the OS, no other data)?
When I do partitioning, what's the next step I need to take?

Many thanks!
Ned