fc3 dl

Dawes, Stephen Stephen.Dawes at calgary.ca
Wed Feb 9 09:52:02 EST 2005

MY, MY! A little testy!

If you would have taken a moment before you replied to my message, you
would have noticed that I sent it before you send your last post
describing what OWASYS is.
My message to you was sent at 9:37 AM, and your reply note to Nick and
the group was sent at 4:25 PM. Allowing for time differences, I still
was sending my note before you wrote your reply.
So, back off on the attitude.

Oh yeah! As to my thoughts on what the OWASYS is all about. How is it
any different then what is already out there. Just like existing cell
phone equipment, the OWASYS is exclusionary. How is someone going to
share it with the sited community if they can't read a screen.
Yep, it has happened yet again.
Let's develop a product for a small market so that we can keep the price
high.
But then again that is what adaptive technology is all about, isn't it?
After all, a good friend of mine just bought a Motorola phone that off
the shelf seems to be able to speak all of the functionality except for
the Web browser piece. I believe he said it is the Motorola V710. But I
need to confirm this with him.

Steve Dawes
Phone: (403) 268-5527
Email: SDawes at calgary.ca

NOTICE -
This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above or a person responsible for delivering messages or communications to the intended recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use, distribution, or copying of this communication or any of the information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and then destroy or delete this communication, or return it to us by mail if requested by us. The City of Calgary thanks you for your attention and cooperation.