problems with burning audio cds with cdrecord

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Sat Oct 30 22:46:47 EDT 2004

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 12:37:29AM EST, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
> Hi all.
> I'm having no problems burning data cds on FC2 with an atapi cdrw and
> 2.6.8.1 kernel.
> However, when I try to burn an audio cd, I get everything normal up
> through "operation starts"; then I get "trackno=0" and after a while I get
> indications of out-of-memory and processes being killed. I've had nothing
> else to indicate a memory problem. When cdrecord starts it says it's an
> experimental version with dvd support and may have bugs not found in the
> normal version.

Hi Cheryl
Beofre 2.6.9 came out, I happened to come accross a patch which fixes
this 2.6.8.1 issue. I also remember passing this patch along to someone
else on this list, and I am pretty sure it worked for them.

If you have any problems with 2.6.9 compilation, feel free to contact me
and I will send the patch along.

Luke