problems with burning audio cds with cdrecord: solved

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sat Oct 30 18:16:54 EDT 2004

Yes, apparently it is a kernel problem. I got the 2.6.9 kernel source--not
Redhat rpm but used "make oldconfig" and patched in cvs kernel. I still
get
trackno=0
after the "operation starts" indication--not sure what that means--but the
audio cds do record now. So I guess my advice to anybody having problems
recording audio cds with 2.6.8.1 if you've been able to do it with other
2.6 kernels would be to change kernels.
thanks for all the advice; I'll be glad to send everybody who contributed
a few coasters in appreciation!!!

--
Cheryl