from my /var/log/messages

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Thu Oct 28 16:37:12 EDT 2004

I recently installed a new firewall script, and in the course of
debugging it, I have looked more carefully at my /var/log/messages file
than I had done before now. I am getting an occasional entry which I
believe is unrelated to my firewall, that appears every couple of hours
or so at seemingly random times. I cannot find any information about it.
Has anyone seen this before? or have any clues where I might look? It
seems harmless, but -- "famous last words?" The messages start with a
time, my host name, and then this:

time: host: kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out

Comments or suggestions welcome.
Chuck

--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)
Home page at http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh