speakup patch failing with 2.6.10-rc1

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Thu Oct 28 13:15:55 EDT 2004

William Hubbs <williamh at gentoo.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I just attempted to patch speakup into version 2.6.10-rc1 of the kernel, and one hunt failed -- I got the following .rej file:

I will apologize before I even open my big mouth.  I apologize!

If you do not know how to handle patching by hand and understand the
code why are you playing around with 2.6.10 rc1?  I'm sure it says
quite clearly on the web page that if you don't know what you are
doing then you shouldn't be doing it.

We cannot tell from a failed patch hunk why it failed.  Because
patches test the context of the file it is patching and without that
there is no way to tell why it failed.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061