opinions on linux ocr vs something in windows

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Oct 27 21:07:54 EDT 2004

The question isn't are they as good as, because there are commercial
grade packages available for a commercial grade price. The question may
be are there open source tools, where the answer is there are, but not
with the kind of front end you're accustomed to from Arkenstone,
Kurzweil, etc. Are they as good? Well, define good.

Do people use Linux to scan? Yes they do. Are they satisfied with linux
for scanning? I know people who are. Does that mean you would be? Totaly
different question.