Links the chain

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Oct 14 13:50:01 EDT 2004

My memory is hazy on that, Gregg, but I think they eventually discovered
they had more in to gain fro cooperation.

I do, however, want to suggest something to everyone. If you try to use
a hyprelink and it won't work in the cat, Take at look at it with
the capital E command. Here's an example I just came across on the
Montgomery County web site. This is for a url to take you to the U.S.
Government's web pages:

javascript:openScript('/redirect.asp?redirect=http://www.firstgov.gov',650,450)

To my mind it's an outstanding example of bad coding practice. What's
the point? HTML already provides a perfectly usable hyperlinking
feature. In fact, the above syntax only wraps the inherent HTML
functionality.

So, what's the tip? You can edit off the extra junk and get a perfectly
usable link. Or, you can just use the Speakup clipboard to grab the href
and go there directly with the g command.