Links the chain

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Oct 14 10:15:59 EDT 2004

Greetings larry,
  I too bid you welcome to the list.  I offer this difference  hoping that
others will either confirm  or explain this fact.  I use a Linux shell
that  has both the cat and the chain,  and given that some here have said
that they should work almost exactly the same suspect that all that could
be done to  the chain has perhaps not been done.  Still the main difference
is the in  the chain edition one can access java sites, or can do some in
a way.  I do come across some that do not budge regardless, but again this
may be a configuration factor.
I am told that the cat even with ssl enabled now does not or <cannot?>
have java incorporated because no one wants to take the time.    or better
that it would take too much time to re-vamp the code for this.  I  am only
sharing what I have been told, and would love to hear otherwise Given the
popularity of the cat,  adding this feature would be  a wonderful thing,
as even those  who might not seek it out on their own, using IE or
Netscape know of the cat and think it far more limiting     than it
actually is in
real use.
   The chain is not as well known.
looking forward to the wisdom on this.