Fw: Calling non Windows users

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Wed Oct 6 16:24:24 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Well, David, if Ivocalize is going to Linux, it can't very well work
with only IE, now can it?  I have no idea what the techies are
planning, but I'll tell you this, my friend.  If they manage to port
this system over to Linux, then I suggest that Speak-freely better rev
itself up or it's going to be left in the dust!  The ability of a web
based client to incorporate audio, web and text chat is phenomenal.

Now as far as Braille goes, the text chat is accessible, so, why
couldn't somebody access that via braille.  They'd be smart to put
hooks in the thing for BrlTTY.

If you want total text chat, then MOO is still your best bet there,
David.  You can't beat MOO.  The messenger clients are fine, but MOO
allows for more, and it can be made web accessible.

Speak freely has none of these features, folks.  You can't control its
volume from within the program.  You can't push web pages, you can't
record.  You can't moderate rooms and have people queued and so on.
You can't raise your hand, none of this is now possible in Speak
Freely.

Look, guys, I like Linux just as well as all of you do, but for my
needs, Ivocalize works just fine!  Yes it's a Windows based thing, but
it does what it's supposed to do, and I don't know any other client in
Linux that does everything this one does.

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp at eznet.net
WEB SITE:  http://home.eznet.net/~akp
"All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT