Speech dispatcher, speechd-up and DECtalk.

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Fri Oct 1 19:52:15 EDT 2004

Hi all.
I am using DECtalk software with speech dispatcher, speechd-up and speakup.
it works fine, but for one small problem.

I am unable to load everything from one script, I.E speech-dispatcher gets
loaded first, then speakup, and then speechd_up. When run from a script, DECtalk
does not speak, however when loaded by hand, it comes up talking with no
apparent problems.

I have tried adding small sleep periods and large ones, to what seems like no
avail.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Luke