parallel zip 250 zip drive working with a surprise

Jude DaShiell dashielljt at gmpexpress.net
Sat Dec 28 09:44:02 EST 2002

Last night I managed to get the parallel zip 250 drive working with
slackware 8.0 kernel version 2.2.19 and there was a surprise in all of
this it would be useful to know for future.  The ppa driver I already had
installed on my system and this kernel came out in June of 2001 so it's
not all that old.  The ppa driver would not work.  What iomega.com had
supplied on their cd's was only the ppa driver so I was misslead into
trying to use it for the drive.  The only thing it could get me back was
device or resource busy messages and it was on that basis I thought the
drive to be defective.  As a hack, I tried using the imm driver and that
driver woke the zip drive up and got it working on sda4.  So the Linux
packaging for the drive I bought in terms of the correct driver was all
that turned out to be defective.

--
Jude <dashielljt(at)gmpexpress-dot-net>