slackware and speakup with dsl question

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Fri Dec 27 19:45:44 EST 2002

I do not have that particular card, but in my kernel's config
file  the name of that driver has the letter 'e' in it twice:
'eepro100', and in my kernel the driver is compiled into the
kernel. That means there is no separate module by that name, no
matter how many 'e's it is spelled with! <smile> I don't know why
your card is not being recognized by the netconfig script, but it
is not totally necessary for the driver to be found in a module
in case it was compiled into the kernel.

Check with "ifconfig eth0" to see if it can be found that way.

Chuck

So visit me sometime at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh