a bit of trivia I found interesting

Patrick Turnage patrickt at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Dec 20 08:35:01 EST 2002

Hi
I think it is the strongarm processor. I had some technical specifications
somewhere but now I can't find them. The LDP has a whole howto for getting
the modem to work with Linux. In the new motherboards they moved to a
hardware modem too instead of the software modem they used in the previous
version. I don'tk now what more they have, what kind of flahs memory they
use, what type of sound chip, etc..
I do kknow that some people from this list wwere going to play with it but
Pulsedata never sent the test machines to whoever it was..
If they were going to use speakup they would have to use a different
synthesizer since the keynote in the BrailleNote is the windows CE
equivlent of keynote multimedia.
I was thinking something along the lines of emacspeak with viavoice or flite.

-----
Patrick Turnage
E-mail: pturnage at tampabay.rr.com
AOL Instant Messenger: kg4dqk