Playing audio cd options

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Tue Dec 17 21:32:11 EST 2002

Well what you have to do is get the cdrecord package. I am not sure as to
your distro, so either rpm/deb/tgz. Next you need to make sure that your
drive is being emulated by the SCSI subsystem, assuming your drive is an
Atapi. Most drives are these days. If you are using Lilo as your boot
loader, You have to put the following line or similar below the image
declaration line. append="hdd=ide-scsi"This usually goes below the alias
line. Next reboot your machine (shutdown -r now). Remember to run lilo
before shutting down. Once the machine has rebooted, do a dmesg > output
to watch your kernel boot msgs. You should see lines indicating that SCSI
has picked up your drive. Once this is apparent, you can do something like
cdrecord -dev=0,0,0 -v -audio *.wav. Read the cdrecord manpage for more
in-depth syntactical information.

May you code in the power of the source,
may the kernel, libraries, and utilities be with you,
throughout all distributions until the end of the epoch.