Problems with AltGr on international keyboard layouts

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Fri Dec 13 07:42:36 EST 2002

Hi Christian:  I am somewhat familiar with the problem with the altgr
numlock situation in the redhat distributions.  I don't use redhat so
I'm not aware of the specific problem, or maybe I am.  When you say
garbage characters do you in fact mean a specific character the '0'?
I am aware of that problem but not if it is anything else.  This only
happens when you have a non-speakup keymap installed and the numlock
turned on.

I have not been able to determine a way to get around the altgr '0'
problem without a fairly major rewrite of the way keys are handled in
the 2.4.x kernels.  I am of course open to suggestions.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061