any suggestions onf ree email services?

Ed Barnes e_barnes at nf.sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 12 16:52:19 EST 2002

Hi, well, depends upon what you are looking for, I am asumming you are
asking on here because you would like to be able to use both webmail and
pop3 so you can download mail either using a windows mail client or
fetchmail on your linux box.
Another important question, do you need a provider of free email service
which gives you an smtp server to use or can you use your isp's smtp under
Windows, of course, this is a non-issue under linux because you have your
MTA to handle it.
If you are looking for webmail, smtp, and pop, I'd probably recommend:
http://www.softhome.net
As far as free email service providers the only one I use is: yahoo
If you sign up for yahoo delivers you can download mail from pop.mail.yahoo.com
I can use the isp's smtp server on Windows and sendmail under Linux.
And, either one or the other is always available in my case.
Alternately, you never know, somebody also might be willing to give you an
account on one of their boxes for this purpose.
Good luck and hth.
Ed