Off topic: emacspeak help

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Dec 6 16:47:30 EST 2002

Emacspeak doesn't work with Festival. And, even if it did, you'd need to specify the appropriate intermediary "speech server" for emacspeak.

What it does work with is called Festival Lite, or Flite for short. The speech server you need is by Mike Gorse and is called eflite. You compile in
that order, then read the eflite docs to get the appropriate incantation. I put mine in a shell script called e. Everything you need is at:

http://eflite.sf.net