Setting up X without a monitor

Chris Schulte cjschulte at home.com
Fri Nov 30 06:48:39 EST 2001

I don't think you can, as I remember it, X requires a whole bunch of
different monitor settings such as sync rate and all of that crap.  If it's
possible, I'd be interested to find out.  Of course, I've always understood
it that you could set up linux without setting up x, but if it's necessary
for the system, I can understand that too.