upgrading my slackware

Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Fri Nov 23 16:44:27 EST 2001

When I originally updated from 7.1 to 8.0, I removed my
original packages, and installed 8.0. The result was a speriously and porrly functioning system. A couple days ago I reinstalled 8.0 from scratch, and it's all good now.
So, my advise would be to backup your configuration and other files you need, reformat, and reinstall from scratch.
Greg