Cable Modem

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Mon Nov 19 16:52:45 EST 2001

Amanda,

Chances are that your ip address is static even if given to the computer
via dhcp. Check your ip address over the next several days to see if it
stays still. If so, you can copy down the info you need from winipcfg. If
not, still copy down the dns servers from winipcfg. The thing you need to
make dhcp work with @home is simply the computer name.

You must pass the computer name to dhcpcd to get an ip address
back. Sorry, I don't know where to stick this info so it works
automatically.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missle at
a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."
	- President George Bush